2010年9月9日 星期四

One of my favorite movie

I read this book because I have seen the movie and it was good so I was thinking what the book would be like. Andrea "Andy" Sachs is a bright young woman from the Midwest who has just graduated from college and wants to work as a magazine writer. Andy has applied for a job at "Runway," America's most prestigious fashion journal; though Andy has little to no interest in the garment trade, they are one of the only magazines in New York with a job opening “second assistant” to editor Miranda Priestly. As Andy quickly learns, Miranda is a diva with plenty of power within the magazine business and she isn't afraid to use it, and though Andy lands the job (primarily by being in the right place at the right time), she soon learns that working for Miranda could test the patience of a saint thanks to her endless demands and refusal to acknowledge the end of a work day. Andy struggles to hold on to the job and her sanity, knowing that a recommendation from Miranda can open nearly any door at any magazine, but can she handle the pressure without losing her mind along the way?
It was good book because it has a lot of problems and I like reading about problems and I like how they kind of deal with it like Emily and Andrea both work for Miranda who designs clothing for models I also picked this book because it’s funny because Miranda’s employee have to deal with her all the time that is a little be similar as my job.

沒有留言:

張貼留言